Saint John Vianney Catholic Church Faith Formation
Children and Youth Faith Formation Class Information
· Elementary Grades K-5: Meet on Sunday mornings from 9:30am-10:30am or Wednesday afternoons from 5-6pm.
· Middle School Grades 6-8: Meet on Sunday evenings from 6-7:30pm
· High School Grades 9-12: Meet on Sunday evenings from 6-7:30pm
Registration form is found to the left on this page in the Documents submenu
You can reach Faith Formation Coordinator
via email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (512) 637-0875.
Adult Faith Formation:
Adult Bible Study sessions meet on Sunday mornings between the masses or one evening each week. All who are interested in learning more about the Bible are welcome.
Coordinator: Michael Stamps, email@example.com or by phone at (719)330-2938
The Rite of Christian Initiation of Adults (RCIA) Sponsors
The Rite of Christian Initiation of Adults (RCIA) names the process by which interested persons gradually become members of the Catholic Church. Sponsors are active Catholics that act as companions to those going through the RCIA process. As they get acquainted RCIA sponsors listen, answer questions, pray together, and connect catechumens with the parish. Sponsors find their role to be one that enriches and deepens their own faith as well. Sponsors are not meant to have all the answers (in fact, it's better if they don't). Their main role is to be a friend and companion on the journey. The RCIA program candidates/catechumens worship together on Sunday mornings at the 8:00 mass and meet after mass in the work sacristy. Contact Marsha Benda to get started as a sponsor, or join the group at its next gathering around 9:30 in the work sacristy.
Coordinator: Deacon Gene Saienga, firstname.lastname@example.org.
More Information: RCIA: The process for becoming a Roman Catholic
Landings is a ministry of invitation and support to persons who have been away from the Catholic Church and who would like to explore the possibility of returning. This is a lay-based ministry in which members meet as a team with and share their faith stories with those who are thinking of giving the Church another chance. Training is required. Contact: SJV office, 218-1183 or email@example.com.
Infants: The Baptism Preparation Team assists families with preparing for their infant children’s baptism. Team members teach the regular baptism class, help parents with paperwork and assist in other ways to make baptism a wonderful experience in the lives of families and in the life of the parish.
Baptism classes are held 1st Monday of odd numbered months at 7 PM in St Monica’s Hall. Parents and Godparents need the class.
Coordinator: Deacon Frank McCormick, DcnFrank@sjvroundrock.org
- For Children 7 years and older: Children who are 7 years or older need to enroll in our RCIA program (adapted for children) in addition to faith formation for their grade level. They will meet every other Sunday and celebrate full initiation (all sacraments) at Easter Vigil. Coordinator: Linda Nichols, firstname.lastname@example.org.
First Eucharist / First Reconciliation:
- Children in 2nd grade - Children must be baptized and in their 2nd year of faith formation. Enroll in 2nd grade faith formation classes. The preparation for First Reconciliation/First Eucharist will be done in class. Coordinator: Linda Nichols, email@example.com.
- Children in 3rd grade or above: must enroll in the Late Sacrament program in addition to faith formation for their grade level. Children will attend an extra ‘catch-up’ sacrament preparation class which meets every other Sunday. They will celebrate their 1st Reconcil-iation, 1st Eucharist and Confirmation at the Confirmation ceremony with the bishop. Coordinator: Linda Nichols, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Children in 10th—12th grade who have been baptized and received their First Eucharist. They must have attended one prior year of High School faith formation. Coordinator: Megan Copeland, email@example.com. See http://www.sjvroundrock.org/index.cfm?load=page&page=307