For more information on these and other parish events, please read the bulletin and check the web site (www.sjvroundrock.org
· Readings for this Sunday:
Is 50:4-7; Phil 2:6-11, Mt 26:14-27:66
· Stations of the Cross
– Friday at 7 pm in the church led by the Family Life Committee.
· Knights of Columbus Fish Fry –
Friday from 4:30-6:45 pm in the pavilion.
· Holy Week at SJV:
April 17 – Palm Sunday; April 18 – Lenten Penance Service at 7 pm;
April 20 – Tenebrae Service at 8:30 pm; April 21 – Mass of the Lord’s Supper at 7 pm; April 22 – Stations of the Cross and Divine Mercy Novena at 3 pm, Celebration of the Lord’s Passion at 7 pm; April 23 – the Vigil of Easter Mass at 8:30 pm; April 24 – Easter Masses at 8 am, 10 am and 12 pm (noon).
· This is Palm Sunday weekend.The 11 am Mass begins in the Marian Garden. Please arrive early for all Masses to get your palms.
Palms will also be blessed at the beginning of the 5:30 pm and 8:00 am Masses.
· Youth Mass
is celebrated this Sunday at 11 am.
· Garden group work day this Saturday, April 16, from 9 ‘til noon on the church property
. Contact Lloyd Goldsworthy at email@example.com
Here are some of the tasks on the To Do list:
1. Reinforce fence surrounding black retention tanks by the well shed at the rectory. Fence is leaning. We will need to pour more concrete around the base of the posts and reposition them to keep the fence from leaning
2. Turn on the sprinkler system at the rectory and check out the 7 circuits; fix any problems
3. Check out the lighting in the north and south gardens and replace burned out bulbs
4. Move mulch around the mountain laurels leading up to the main entrance of the church
5. Weed the bed around the SJV sign along Sunrise
6. Plant day lilies in triangle beds in the parking lot
7. Plant some annual color plants in the gardens (hopefully plants that the rabbits won't eat before Easter)
8. Prune shrubbery around the rectory
· Easter Eggs Needed!
The SJV Easter Egg Hunt is Easter Sunday, April 24, immediately following the noon Mass. Help our children have fun by donating 1 dozen prefilled (with individually wrapped candy) plastic eggs for the Easter Egg Hunt.
A box will be available in the Narthex this weekend to accept your donations. If you and your family would like to volunteer to help with the event itself, please contact the office at 218-1183 or reply to this e-mail.
· Easter flower donations
may be made this weekend. Use your Easter Flower donation envelope or mark your check for “Easter flowers”.
· Spring “Fest-of-All” on May 22nd
, 2011 is looking for all types of donations. World Market Items, Soda/Water, Cakes, Plants, Stuffed Animals and Toys. We are also looking for cooks and any volunteers. If you have a 10x10 pop up tent, we could use it. Please contact Tom Gora 512-771-3915 or 512-310-1341. We are starting sign up sheets in the Narthex after each mass. Please sign up to help! Thank you so much!
The Fest-of-All needs your help!!! We are looking for dishes in Italian, Asian, and Greek to serve to share in the WONDERFUL cultures that surround us. Do you have a dish you love to cook? Or maybe even a restaurant you frequent, that would be willing to donate something simple? Email Katie Leo, firstname.lastname@example.org
for further information on helping make this festival a success- we can't do it with out your help!
· Registration for Pandamania,Vacation Bible School at SJV ends May 1. Don’t miss this chance to give your children an exciting week of VBS!
· Thought for the Holy Week from Matthew Kelly:
“Excuse me! I’m not sure if you are aware of it or not, but the amazing life you have, my son died so that you could have that life. My son died so that you could live. He died for you. Does it mean nothing to you?” Perhaps that’s what God wants to say. p.16. Let us make the best of this Holy Week. Don’t miss services on Holy Thursday, Good Friday, and Easter.