For more information on these and other parish events, please read the bulletin and check the web site (www.sjvroundrock.org
· Readings for this Sunday: Acts 2:14a, 36-41; Ps 23:1-6 ; 1 Pt 2:20b-25; Jn 10:1-10
· First Eucharist is Saturday at 5:30 pm. All are welcome to be a part of this sacrament that 53 SJV children will receive for the first time. Thanks to all parents and teachers. Let’s pray that we will help our children grow in their love and reverence for Jesus in the Eucharist.
· May Rosary Evenings. During the month of May, SJV prays the Rosary at 7 pm in the Marian Garden (Sundays through Fridays) and at 5 pm in the church (Saturdays). All are welcome! Come with family and friends. It’s good to see so many of you!
· International Rosary and Multilingual Mass – Sunday, May 22 at 10:15 am in the church. Tell us if you can pray the rosary in your native language (other than English).
· 9 days until “Fest-of-All” (on May 22nd).
1. Food and Drink tickets are on sale this weekend after all Masses. Buy early and get a discount – $20 buys you 25 tickets this weekend. On May 22, tickets are $1 each.
2. If you’ve already bought your t-shirt, you may pick it up this weekend after any of the Masses.
3. Donation opportunities: World Market Items, Food dishes (Italian, Asian, Greek, etc.), Soda/Water, Cakes, Plants, Stuffed Animals, Toys, and Pop-up tents. We are also looking for cooks and any volunteers.
4. Volunteer opportunities: Set-up on May 21, Cooking/serving food and drinks, monitoring games and activities, working in the World Market. Sign up sheets are in the narthex!
5. Contact info: Tom Gora 512-771-3915 or 512-310-1341; Katie Leo, firstname.lastname@example.org
; Delores Frew, email@example.com
· Don’t forget about the Parish Vision Meetings (in the next week) on Sunday, May 15, following the 11:00 Mass and Tuesday, May 17th, 7 p.m. All Parish Vision Meetings begin in the church. Please attend one of these meetings or plan to attend a future meeting. All meeting dates are in the bulletin.
· Come join the YAM's on Saturday, May 14, from 12pm- 2pm for the Young Adult Picnic and Volleyball Game! The picnic will be BYOF (bring your own food) and will held on the SJV grounds. This event is free and all are welcome to attend! For more information contact Jennifer Guevara at firstname.lastname@example.org
· The Sanctuary Singers will be having a celebration this Sunday after the 11am Mass in the Pavilion. All children that are interested in joining the choir are welcome to attend! We will have hamburger and hotdogs, a bounce house and lots of fun. Please stop by.
· Religious Education 2011-2012 – early registration begins this weekend and continues through July 10 - $35 per child ($105 family maximum). RE fee increases if you wait until after July 10 (see bulletin).
· If you are a Catholic who has been away from the Church for whatever reason, please know that we are thinking of you. St. John Vianney parish offers you a safe “Landing” place to be listened to, a place for understanding and healing. We invite you to be an active part of us again. If you are interested, and want more information, please call the Church at 512-218-1183 or email Laura Durant at email@example.com
· “You may be wondering, Why do we have to love like God in the first place? Scripture gives us an answer in two parts: First, the Old Testament shows that we were made to live like God by sharing love within the human family during our earthly stay; second, the New Testament shows that we were made to live in God by sharing the love of the Blessed Trinity for eternity in heaven. Both elements are essential for understanding what it means to be truly human, but only the second one is our true and ultimate end, what theologians call the Beatific Vision. We would completely fall short were we to attain anything less.” Scott Hahn, A Father Who Keeps His Promises, p. 18-19.